Applications are currently closed for the 2023-24 school year.
Are you a passionate advocate for equality in STEM? Do you believe in the power of mentorship to shape the future of women in science and engineering? If so, WISE has an opportunity for you to make a meaningful impact on campus while honing your leadership and facilitation skills.
As a WISE Mentor, you will have the unique opportunity to inspire and guide the next generation of STEM professionals. WISE Mentors participate for the whole school year with an expected commitment of 5-10 hours a month. The best part? You get paid to do it! Our WISE Mentors are a paid position, compensated hourly. You set your own schedule and participate when it works for you.
Your role will include:
- Facilitating Peer Mentoring Sessions: Guide your fellow students to academic success and personal satisfaction in structured small group mentoring sessions. We will have comprehensive facilitation guides and trainings to set you up for success.
- Hosting Informal Social Events: Foster a sense of community by hosting relaxed, study break type events in the WISE space or across campus. We provide the snacks, you provide the vibes.
- Leading Engaging Workshops: Lead WISE workshops that give students the tools they need to succeed in their academic and professional journeys. Or develop your own workshops on a topic you are passionate about!
We are seeking potential WISE mentors who are:
- Passionate about promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in STEM fields.
- Interested in honing their facilitation, teaching, and listening skills.
- Looking for a consistent but low commitment way to stay involved with gender equity on campus.
By joining our team, you will contribute to closing the gender gap in STEM as well as hone your facilitation, public speaking, and leadership abilities AND expand your personal and professional network. Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity to give back and get paid. Apply today and be part of the transformation of STEM at UM.