WISE Ambassadors are WISE enthusiasts who help us carry out our mission of helping students succeed in STEM by being liaisons with their departments, friends, and student orgs. Ambassadors learn more about who WISE is and what we do and table at info fairs, hang flyers, do Instagram takeovers, and of course, attend WISE events!
What do you do as a WISE Student Ambassador?
- Street Team- Represent WISE at events to meet new people and build the WISE community
- Social Events- Plan and attend fun programs designed for women and gender minorities in STEM to meet like minded peers outside of their majors and classes.
- Coffee Chats- Hang out in our massage chair during our coffee chat office hours!
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Are you looking to take a leadership role in WISE? Lead Ambassadors are students interested in becoming actively involved WISE leaders. Lead Ambassadors will help us build and facilitate the student ambassador program and will plan and facilitate our social event series to help foster community among women and non-binary learners in STEM. No event planning experience necessary! Just bring your passion for building community and we will provide the framework and resources.
Lead Ambassadors are also the point of contact for a designated cohort of student ambassadors and serve as a sounding board for WISE staff, consulting on our programming, social media strategy, and more!
Types of Events:
- WISE Nights In- co-lead the WISE dinner parties/theme nights welcoming groups of students underrepresented in STEM, for example transfer students or students with children.
- Social Events- plan and put on your own social events during the semester for WISE students
Applications due September 15.