WISE has a variety of ways we support student organizations that align with our mission. Whether your club is specifically focused on gender equity in STEM or you simply highlight women in STEM in one of your programs or activities, we are here to help. To follow up on any of our available opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Offerings for All STEM Related Student Groups
- Consultations on climate or DEIJ concerns
- Presentations to group leadership around gender equity in STEM
- Opportunities to promote your organization and its events in our newsletter
- Co hosting events that center gender equity in STEM
Offerings for STEM Equity Focused Student Groups
- Any of the offerings above for STEM related student groups
- Professional development workshops on topics like building mentor networks, applying to graduate school, science communication, etc
- Networking opportunities for group leadership. Every semester we host a mix & mingle to bring together the current and aspiring leaders of all student organizations focused on STEM equity. Share resources, find opportunities to collaborate, or just make friends outside of your department.
- Space for meetings
WISE can support student orgs who directly support WISE’s mission on campus. If your club wants to host a program, event, or other service that furthers gender equity in STEM at UM, you can apply for up to $500 of funding. This funding is offered on a rolling basis until the funds are depleted each year. No student group can receive more than $3000 in a given academic year. Apply here.